Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor Concentrate
Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is a premium performance extended life corrosion inhibitor. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is formulated with patented advanced carboxylate additive technology, designed to offer long-life, low maintenance corrosion protection.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
- Advanced synergistic additive technologies offer extended, low maintenance corrosion protection, helping increase uptime
- Promotes high performance protection in thermostats, radiators, water pumps and other vulnerable cooling system components
- Offers reliable protection to a wide range of metals including aluminium, iron, copper and solder alloys
- Aids performance and cooling system protection in modern high temperature aluminium engine environments
- Reliable, high technology non-depleting inhibitors aid consistent long-life performance and protection
- Silicate and phosphate-free technology offers reliable, stable dilution in harder waters
- Mixed with the appropriate amount of water, Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is recommended as a coolant, flushing fluid or hot test fluid for engine blocks and cooling systems. During extensive field testing, the synergistic combination of mono- and di-carboxylic additives has proven to offer protection for at least 32,000 hours in marine and stationary applications
- Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate promotes long-life protection against corrosion through the use of optimised and patented organic corrosion inhibitors. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate offers long-life protection to aluminium heat transfer surfaces contained in modern engines. The inhibitor package of Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate aids cavitation protection without nitrite or nitrite-based supplemental coolant additives (SCA’s)
- Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate promotes long-life corrosion protection. Depending on the actual application the dosage may vary from 5 - 10 % but a minimum of 5 vol. % of Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate in water should be used. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate may be used in engines manufactured from cast iron, aluminium or combinations of the two metals, and in cooling systems made from aluminium or copper alloys. The correct dosage of Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate may be established with a refractometer reading
- Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is recommended for high-tech engines such as race cars and heavy duty off-road equipment, where high temperature aluminium protection is important
- In marine applications, the concentration of Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate should not be lower than 5 vol. %. At this dosage the recommended life-time is at least 32,000 hours. If Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is replenished regularly to compensate for leakage, the cooling water can be considered as fill-for-life
- Small marine engines sometimes require limited frost protection. This can be obtained by using the adequate dosage of Delo XLC Antifreeze/Coolant, based on ethylene glycol, supplemented with 5 % vol. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate. For frost protection of -10°C and -15°C, the required XLC dosages are respectively 22 and 29 vol. %.
- For off-road, truck and bus applications the recommended life time is 8,000 hours or 650,000 km, provided a concentration of 7.5 % vol. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate is used
- At 7.5 % vol., Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate will provide corrosion protection in stationary engines for at least 32,000 hours
- Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate can also be used at 10 % vol. as a hot test liquid for new engine blocks. Newly manufactured engines are tested for a duration of approximately 5 to 10 minutes, after which the fluid is drained and usually reused. If the engine blocks are not immediately built into vehicles, Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate will provide corrosion protection for the engine for up to two months
- At 5 % vol. Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate performs as a flushing fluid to clean cooling systems that were filled with other inhibitor packages. In most cases it is required to flush the system twice. For a good result it is important that the engine has reached normal operating temperatures and all thermo-valves are opened
- Delo XLI Corrosion Inhibitor - Concentrate can also be used as an inhibitor package for central heating systems, as a hydraulic safety and mining fluid
- The use of soft water is preferred for dilution. Laboratory testing has shown that acceptable corrosion results are still obtained with water of 20°dH, containing up to 500 ppm chlorides or 500 ppm sulphates. The water used for dilution should be free of zinc as the presence of zinc will result in the formation of a precipitate
- This product is compatible with glycol-based engine coolants. It is recommended to change the coolant every five years or at above operating times, whichever comes first